Established in 2015, Hit The Ground Running creates dance and physical theatre performances that challenge and question the perceptions and notions of mental health in the modern age. Our foundation is built upon a powerful trilogy of works with a mission to encourage and spark conversations surrounding mental health and to share real life stories of bravery and courage. We welcome everyone to come and share our visual journey with us.
The company celebrates a collaborative approach to devising theatre, working with local communities and individuals who inspire the development of thought-provoking performances for a wide variety of audiences both young and old.
In a career spanning more than 15 years, Artistic Director Michael Heatley has created an outreach team of dance professionals who work with all age groups from children to adults, beginners to professionals. Hit The Ground Running is dedicated to developing physicality, creativity, confidence and musicality and delivers bespoke workshops designed to engage and inspire people through dance.
A POWERFUL TRILOGY OF THOUGHT
PROVOKING PERFORMANCES THAT:
- Change perceptions surrounding mental health issues
- Engages and Empowers
- Raises Awareness
- Eradicates Stigmas attached to mental health
- Encourages Empathy & Understanding
- Communicates powerful stories through creativity, dance & physical theatre
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IS AN INNOVATIVE DANCE THEATRE COMPANY BASED IN NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE DIRECTED BY CHOREOGRAPHER MICHAEL HEATLEY
Hit The Ground Running Dance Theatre Company | Dance City | Temple Street | Newcastle upon Tyne | NE1 4BR ©
DANCE PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING WORKSHOPS THAT:
- Supports communities & schools
- Delivers a series of outreach programmes
- Engages and Encourages
- Educates and Inspires
- Builds Self-Esteem, Confidence & Resilience
- Collaborates with local communities, individuals and artists